Thursday, August 4, 2011

berries!

Berries! Berries! Berries! This might be my favorite time of the year food-wise. The veggies are fresh, my garden is overflowing, and most importantly it's berry season! A few days ago Mer and I made a trip out to Kruger Farm on Sauvie Island for a few hours of berry picking, and it was well worth the slightly sunburned neck! Merrill said it best when she expressed how the fragrance of raspberries in warm summer air is the smell of pure joy for her.  I couldn't agree more. It was such a treat to spend a few hours with my sister, chatting in the fields, stuffing our faces with fresh berries, and enjoying a stunning summer day in Portland. Definitely one of those, "God, I love it here" moments that I'm sure I'll think back to when the rain settles in this fall.


The fruits of our labor (I couldn't resist)... raspberries, blueberries, and a handful of blackberries.

blackberry lemon/limeade



strawberry pineapple ice cream from ruby jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment