Tuesday, July 26, 2011

the great sandwich seach

As most of you know I'm serious about eating... I love it. It makes me happy. And I love sharing good food finds (and warning of not-so-good food finds).

Within the past month I've had two stellar and one just OK sandwiches at Lardo, a food cart located at the cart pod at 43rd and Belmont in SE Portland. If you see either of these first two on the menu give them a try! The third, well... maybe not.

grilled asparagus, farm egg, arugula, fresh ricotta and crisp prosciutto
 Really good, excellent bun, great contrast of textures. Seeing this picture makes me want to recreate this one at home... immediately!

pork meatball banh mi with Sriracha aioli, pickled vegetables, and cilantro
 The pork meatball is well seasoned and the pickled carrots add a nice fresh zing... one of my favorites at Lardo.

broccoli rabe, sweet roasted peppers, olive tapenade, capers, mozzarella
Now this one I'm not totally sold on. It was just too bitter for me. I brought half home, scraped off some of the olives, and added an over easy egg and I thought that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment